WOW….. hello there!
Remember me? I’m the girl who runs this blog.
I want to apologize for my huge gap in absence…. I feel like these past couple of weeks have been so jam packed with so many things (i.e. MY MOM CAME TO VISIT :), starting school, auditions, jobs, yaddi yaddi ya….) and this blog kind of took a back seat on the list of my priorities.
I have a lot of posts to write about so I’ll try to just sum up some things in this (all of these I will write more detailed posts):
1. I went to a Rockies game with a girl I met on Instagram. I know that saying that sounds sketchy as hell, but I’m working on being more adventurous, I had a free Rockies ticket, she is in recovery, and I knew she lived in Denver!! We had an amazing time and it was just an awesome day.
2. My mom came to visit me for a week, and I believe I speak for us both when I say that we had the best time we have had in almost 4 years. Yes, we ate out a lot. Yes I had terrible body image. But having an amazing time with my mom ruled over that. We got pedicures, experienced lots of local places, went shopping, went to Garden of the GOds, Ikea… and tons more. I”m actually sad she’s gone, but then it was so nice to show her MY city 😀
3. I have been in a really weird place with recovery. A girl I was in treatment with this past year at ERC passed away this morning. She was 23 years old and had just become a registered nurse. Now I don’t know all the details about what happened, but I know that she had just left treatment in late May, which kind of leads me to believe she may have passed due to some longstanding damage caused by her ED….which is such a terrible thought. I feel like I have been doing really well, but am feeling like external sources don’t believe that’s true. How do you know when you’re doing the right thing?
4. I. STARTED. SCHOOL. I haven’t been in college for 2 years, thanks to all my treatment stays. I can’t tell you how amazing it feels to be on a legitimate campus, to go to real classes, to SIT IN DESKS!! I am actually the biggest dork.. I feel like I”m so psyched to learn, whereas everyone else in my class is like “Sista, calm down. This is Public Speaking….”. I am just so incredibly grateful to have been given a second chance, that this was made possible( especially by my loving parents and family). It’s only been my first week, but I have been loving every second (even the times where I had no idea where the hell my classroom was).
5. I’ve had a number of rejections this past week, and they have been terribly disappointing. However, normally I would just give up after 1 try. That’s not happening this time. And I’m proud of that.
Like I said, more detailed posts to come!!! If you’ve kept up with me, thank you. I so dearly appreciate it!!!